Monday 27 August 2018

Galaxy's Edge in 6mm - The Legion on Kublar

Not many Sci-Fi books inspire me to get the armies and refight the battles - the Galaxy's Edge series by by Jason Anspach and Nick Cole is an exception.

 This series was, probably inadvertently, written for gaming with actions from skirmishes to vast battles. I'm not going to go into any detail about the series - you need to read it.
This force represents the Legion on Kublar. They are based up for Future War Commander


The combat sleds are by Scotia-Grendel. They don't quite match the description in the books but I really liked the look of them. They were painted by me - a rare occurrence these days.

Major 'Pappy' Hilbert (Command)
Lieutenant Ford (Command) aka Wraith plus scouts (Recce)
Scouts (Recce)
Scouts (Recce)
Twenties (Sniper)
Twenties (Sniper)
Lej Squad
Lej Squad
Lej Squad
Lej Squad
Lej Squad
The full force - KTF!
Kublarian Infantry and Heavy Weapons teams

I'm using Irregular Miniatures Not-Jawas for the Kublarians and I'm still looking for suitable vehicles to mount mortars on.

In the background are the clusters of Kublarian buildings made by Rodge and cast up by Shaun

I still have to work out the stats for use with Future War Commander so I'll do some test games to see what works best.

As I read through the series I keep thinking "that's a good force / game to do". I'm  currently looking at doing the Martian Light Infantry assaulting colony arks in 15mm using Gruntz

No comments:

Post a Comment